Question:
DRU HILL bit off JODECI and ended the career they had!...do you agree with that?
2007-05-10 11:02:45 UTC
DRU HILL bit off JODECI and ended the career they had!...do you agree with that?
Nine answers:
JVLinebager
2007-05-10 23:17:34 UTC
This is tough to answer because Dru Hill is my favorite R&B group...

I believe that Dru Hill was strongly influenced by Jodeci, and since Sisqo and K-Ci Haily had similar voices, it comes off easily as Dru Hill was "biting" off of Jodeci
chris r
2007-05-10 21:27:06 UTC
I agree that Dru Hill bit from Jodeci, Sisqo has said that he tried to imitate K-Ci when he sang. I dont agree that Dru Hill ended Jodeci's career though. I think that Pretty Ricky is an up to date version of Jodeci
jeffadelic
2007-05-10 18:11:40 UTC
The singing male r&b groups was the trend in the mid-ninties .

Jodeci came first with their style and Dru-Hill came after them with something a little different .

But the trend was not going to last forever so both really faded out .
ellak82
2007-05-10 18:36:45 UTC
There's always gonna be male r&b groups. Jagged Edge, Blackstreet, SILK. C'mon now. No one is bitting. Just going with the flow of the times. I don't think there will ever be another Jodeci. But there wil always be a male r&b group.
Pask
2007-05-11 01:56:06 UTC
They're all packages - R&B groups like that have a formula, always between 3 and 5 dudes; at least 2 membes are always related, and the ugly one has the strongest voice (at least it seems that way especially since they won't let the fat one sing as much)

Even the boy bands have a formula - dating as far back as NKOTB

always 5 guys (or it won't work)

You have

The obvious lead

The oddball./or wild card

The slightly more ethnic one

The bad boy

The blond who can blow

Go ahead, try it

Lets' do NSync

JC - the obvious lead

Lance - the odd ball

Fatone - ethnic

Chris - with his "bad boy dreads" (actually in this instance, fatone and chris could be either)

Justin - the blond who can blow
zaiah445
2007-05-10 21:35:22 UTC
No not really, the had two completely different sounds

At most R & B groups have their similarities sometimes
Support Breast Cancer Research
2007-05-10 19:46:25 UTC
The list of "man" band will froever keep going.............Guy,Jodeci,Silk,Blackstreet,New Edition,Profyle,BBD,Today Jeez
lady26
2007-05-11 04:13:22 UTC
NONE of the ones mentionedn are as good as Boyz 2 men !!!
Calista
2007-05-10 18:47:07 UTC
I suppose so, they were similar, but they still made money and are living comfortably. Biters or no biters, they live better than the average person.